Awards of Note
- City of Peoria purchased watercolor “Now Here’s the Plan” for its permanent art collection.
- City of Glendale, Arizona’s Art Commission, added Grand Canyon oil “Hear the Winds Whisper” to their permanent art collection.
- Sterling Hill Mining Museum of Ogdensburg, NJ purchased “Cousin Jacks”, a bronze sculpture depicting two Welsh miners using a “double jack hammer set up”. Sterling’s zinc mineral specimen was incorporated into the piece, making it truly one-of-a-kind.
- “Coming Off To Fight”, a bronze sculpture, won the Chairman’s Award and 1st place in Sculpture at AZ Art Alliance’s “Honoring Our Veterans” show.
- Three Vietnam art subjects, “War Is Hell”, “8 Clicks to the Front” and “A Weapon of War”, were exhibited in the Veterans Day Exhibit at Phoenix City Hall. Hank was one of the speakers at press conference held by Phoenix Mayor, Greg Stanton.
- One of three artists featured in West Valley Art Museum’s “Get the Lead Out” exhibit.
- One man exhibitions at University Club of Phoenix and Peoria AZ City Library.
- Served as Judge of the Glendale Arts Council’s Annual Juried Fine Arts Competition and the Wickenburg Art Club and Sun City Art Club exhibitions.
- Award of Excellence and Award of Merit at Peoria Fine Arts Assn. Spring 2015 Art Show at Westgate Glendale Gallery.
- Arizona State Fair awards for watercolor painting and pencil drawing.
- “Swingin’ His Loop” won Best in Show at the Peoria Fine Arts Assn. 2017 Art Show
- It’s also been his pleasure to donate art to support various non-profit organizations including Phoenix Art Museum League, Save Our Mountain Foundation, Camelot Therapeutic Horsemanship Hooves & Heroes 2016 Auction, Jazz in Arizona and Veterans Art Exhibit sponsored by Arizona Art Alliance & hosted by The East Valley Veteran Education Center, Tempe, AZ
Hank’s Been Having Fun…And Now Lot’s More Fun!
I’ve been having a great time smiling a lot and collaborating with C. Warren Gruenig from Dana Point, California, on an entirely new children’s book, “Cool Stuff About Animals Book Two”! With C.W’s idea and text, my illustrations and my wife, Janet’s, computer skills, Book Two now joins our original book with even more animals and “cool stuff” to amaze and delight all ages.
Look for an Order Form on the Cool Stuff About Animals page.
Hank Paints Contemporary!
Hank is pleased to be showing many of his contemporary paintings at The Nash, an education and performance center owned by Jazz in Arizona, a non-profit organization featuring local and national jazz celebrities and emerging jazz musicians. The Nash has been a perfect venue for this art genre while supporting teachers and exciting and talented musicians. View more of Hank’s abstract work on his Abstract & Contemporary Art page.
Do You Hike?
Check out Hank’s art at the North Mountain Visitor Center Trail Head, 12950 North 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ. Signed and numbered giclee prints of his Southwestern art are available for purchase, as well as many of his Joyful Notes collection of cards featuring prints of original paintings of the Grand Canyon, blooming cacti from the Cactus Collection, and even his humorous Stacked Animals collection. Your purchase helps benefit the Save Our Mountain Foundation.
Books & Other Art Treasures
Remember to check out Hank’s other children’s books, “The Alphabet Ark”, “The Little Ray of Light”, “The Little Truck That Got Stuck”, “Look, Look I’m Writing A Book” in the Books and Other Art Treasures section of the website. “Cartooning Made Easy” is for “children” of all ages teaching how to draw a funny cartoon starting with a smile and a pencil. “Lessons From The Pecan Tree” is a collection of inspirational articles.
Here’s where you find Hank’s Joyful Signs original posters
and all the Joyful Notes original note cards.
Current & Upcoming Shows
May 23 – July 14, 2017 –
Peoria Fine Arts Assn. Spring 2017 Membership Show, Peoria Public Library Gallery, Peoria, AZ. “Swingin’ His Loop” won Best in Show.
October 6-29, 2017 –
Arizona State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition
October 30 – January 15, 2018 –
48th Annual Contemporary Western Art Show and Sale, Mountain Oyster Club, Tucson, AZ